Autumn, Heathcote, 2010
Because it’s very easy and very useful, you’ll need:
- one A4 sheet of cardboard
- scrap papers (I used A4 size, torn in half) – reusing paper, with writing on one side, is perfect for this.
- thread, sewing scissors, needle
- hole punch
- paper scissors
1. Sew the word “shopping” onto some scrap paper. Remember to make the words on the wrong side backwards. Use a simple running stitch, and you’ll be done in a minute or less.
2. Trim the paper to size and glue onto cardboard.
3. make scraps of paper into a uniform size, and punch some holes. I did four.
4. position in place and stitch onto cardboard.
5. Use sticky-tape to fasten magnets on the back.
(and that’s it! now write everything you need on the paper and just rip it off when it’s time to go shopping!